In this short walk through you will be taken through the creation, completion, submission and finalising of a Task on Road Warrior. In order to do this we have set up a simple form called POC TEST which allows you to understand the flow within the process that is possible using the Road Warrior service.
In order to proceed you will need to have registered with the Road Warrior service. This means you will have a login user ID and password that will be used to both login to the console and mobile app.
You will need to have access to the internet via the Chrome Browser and a mobile device compatible with the app.
Initially you will create a single task and send it to yourself on the mobile device, so there's not too much to it.
Access to the Road Warrior Console
- Needs to be a web browser using Google Chrome
- Acrobat Reader installed so that you can see the PDF output.
- The User ID and Password you registered with
- Now use the URL https://app.roadwarrior.co.za/Login.aspx to reach the login console
Download the mobile app
- For each Mobile Device User's device download and install Road Warrior app from the playstore
For convenience here is the Play store download link
What you get when you login for the first time
In signing up for our Proof of Concept (trial) you will already have agreed on the demo forms that are most appropriate for your trial in addition to the POC Test form.
When your company has been set up for the trial, you will allocated a User ID and Password with which to login.
- Your User ID will have been given the Role of Global Administrator and you will be authorised to Create, Update or Deactivate Tasks.
- You will be able to complete a Task on a mobile device and submit that back to the console.
- You also have the authority to open the completed Task and modify the raw information received from the field Task - Adding to the comments and generally cleaning up the form if you're not happy with the level of explanation and so on.
- You then have the authority to finalise the form, after which it may not be reopened.
Login to the Road Warrior console. You will notice the left hand side menu lists the Forms that you have been authorised to use.
These will include the POC TEST form and the Form that relates to the Task you will use during your trial period.
Creating your first Task
- Navigate to the left hand side menu.
For the purposes of following this tutorial, select the POC TEST form.
- On the left hand side menu, select Task Maintenance from the drop-down against the form.
- Initially this will contain no tasks so you need to add one to begin
- Select the '+' sign Icon to add a New Task
- You will be presented with a pop up screen asking for the details required for creating the Task.
- These will differ a little for each Form. This is to cater for more or less information required for a particular form but there are common fields in respect of date, forms etc.
- In the case of the POC TEST form you will have the following :
Explanation of the Information required
|Site Name||Mandatory information.|
Any name that would describe the site where the Task will be conducted
|Site Address||Mandatory information.|
Provide the address of where the Task is to be completed (remember the Mobile Device User may not know the area)
|Contact Person and Number||Mandatory information.|
Provide the name of a contact person on site so that the Mobile Device User can contact them for any reason.
|Available Date (YYYY/MM/DD)||Mandatory information.|
This is the date that you want the Task to Appear on the Mobile User's Device.
You are able to schedule these in advance but they will only appear on the device on this date.
(For your first Task make this today's Date so that it will appear for testing in the next steps)
|Scheduled Date (YYYY/MM/DD)||Mandatory information.|
This is the date by which you expect the Task to be performed.
When this date has passed and the Task has not yet been completed it will be flagged as Overdue on the console
(For your first Task, make this date somewhere in the future - say next week)
|User Email Address||Mandatory information.|
This is the Email Address of the Mobile Device User to whom you which to send the Task.
You will have previously identified your users in the steps before so the drop-down will allow you to select the User you want the Task to be sent to.
(For your first Task, make this yourself by entering your Email Address so that your device will receive the Task)
|Form Code||This is the form code relating to the Form you are using and you won't be able to change it.|
|Task Id||This is generated by our system to create a unique Task ID by which we track your various Tasks.|
Leave it as generated.
This code will eventually be able to be used for future releases to provide extra functionality.
For now, Select Road Warrior
- Now select the option to 'SAVE'. If you simply exit or close, the data will be lost.
- This time around you will see your new Task listed on the Console and the Status of the Task should read In Progress which means that the Task has been allocated and will shortly appear on the Mobile Device User's device.
- You will notice that you can perform actions against the Task - Add a Follow-Up Task, Edit the Detail or Deactivate the Task.
- For now do nothing and move to the mobile device that you have sent the Task to.
Receive and Complete the Task on the Mobile Device
Now its time to complete and submit the Task on the Mobile User Device.
The Task that you have created in the previous step will be waiting in the cloud to be received by the device.
Without intervention, Tasks are automatically synched to the device in the following way:
- Morning, Evening and Midday
- Each time the User logs onto the mobile App
- By the user requesting the device to Synch immediately
If you have not already logged onto the Road Warrior mobile app please do so before proceeding.
- Because changes have occurred on the console, you will be asked if you wish to synch new data (including any new or updated Tasks)
- Accept the request to resynch which will ensure any new Tasks will be downloaded.
- The Task you scheduled in the previous step should appear on the device.
- Note: If you were already logged on to the mobile app, you can force it to fetch the Task by selecting Synchronise Now from the top left hand menu.
- Click on the item shown under Outstanding Tasks. (You should easily recognise the one you previously set up)
- Note that in the Site Information you will see the contact details and locations you set in the Task
- Now click your way through the Task until all the sections are complete, using the arrows on top of the screen to move between sections.
- Once all sections are complete you will be able to Submit the completed Task.
- Click on the Submit Icon which will place the completed form in the queue for the next synch.
Ensure the Task on the Mobile Device has been sent
Although you have completed the Task, it may not have been sent. (The app checks every 15 minutes for completed forms to be sent to the office. )
You can tell this by looking at the icons at the top of the screen. The Queue Pending icon on the header will show a red asterix (bullet) indicating items in the queue.
(For more explanations on the device screen layout see Understanding the Mobile App Layout.
Alternatively you can force the Tasks to be sent immediately by selecting from the short-cut menu and selecting Synch Now.
Do this now and wait for the Task(s) to be submitted from the device.
View the Initial Completed Task on the Console
Its now time to see the result of the submission of the completed form.
- Login to the Road Warrior console .
- Select the Form.
- Select Outputted Documents
- The Task should be visible in the list. You have an Option of selecting Full Assessment or Customised Report versions.
- Find the Task and select Full Assessment and you will be able to view the completed Task in PDF format as created from the data received from the device.
- Road Warrior will always produce a Full Assessment report.
- It uses our standard engine to interpret and display the data it has been supplied with.
- Each Form will have its version of a Full Assessment. For example the output for a Job Card would look different to that of a Home Inspection.
- Most customers find that the standard report for each Form type meets their needs.
- For a Customised Report our team need to customise the standard report but for POC Test there isn't one.
- Customised Reports are always created in combination with our Support Team.
- Customised Reports usually require specific information - which in turn means you need to ask specific questions
Review the Completed Task on the Console
Its time now to Review the data collected and if you're happy, Approve the final document.
- Navigate back to the left hand side menu.
- Select the Form and then Task Maintenance option.
- This time the Task should appear as before but the Status should have changed from In Progress to Completed.
- Navigate back to the left hand side menu.
- Select the Form and then Task option.
- Move the mouse to the Action column and three options will be presented:
- Select Edit
- The questions and sections with images that appeared on the mobile app with their answers are available to be edited.
- Note that the ability to alter a particular field can be controlled by user Permissions and Roles.
- For the purposes of this test form we allowed the entire form to be editable
- Save the reviewed form
Approve or Finalise the Task
You have reached the end of the Task lifecycle.
- Navigate back to the left hand side menu.
- Select the Form and then Task option.
- Move the mouse to the Action column and select Finalise
Now that you have the idea of how forms are processed using Road Warrior its time to redo the exercise with the form template that most closely fits your business needs.
You shouldn't have to use POC TEST again and when you move to full production we'll remove it to avoid confusion.
When you agreed to the trial for Road Warrior, you gave us the names of users you wanted to include in the trial. These users will already have been added to your environment against your company and be available for use against your forms. For the Proof of Concept, you don't have access to add or remove users and if you need any changes you'll need to contact us.
Moving forward this functionality can be made available to you from the console.
Limiting or Enabling Functions to your Users Based on Business Role
The user profiles that have been set up against each user for the trial will dictate what permissions and roles they play during your business process. For example, you may want to prevent the Mobile Device User from having the ability to edit the form from the console. Alternatively you may want them to be able to change some fields and not others.
In the same way you may some users to play the role of Review while others Approve as a means of check and balance...
Similarly we are able to ensure a flow of forms between managers and subordinates using the Notifications settings.
The Notification settings dictate who needs to be notified along the process. They are not mandatory.
Each Form template has its own set of notifications - so some will have many and others may need less.
Reports and Analytics
While you will achieve efficiencies (and hopefully cost savings) using the Road Warrior app in the field, even more value can be extracted by viewing the analytics that we generate in the form of reports regarding your business. Standard reports are generated in terms of usage of the system - listing those tasks that were completed, became overdue, remain incomplete and so forth.
Even more value can be extracted to show the average time to process the form (which will compare favourably to the paper-based version) and where the delays in the task flow are occurring. For example, how often a Task needs to be Reviewed gives an indication of training or problem in completing the initial form. Long delays in Approvals may indicate that more resource might need to be dedicated to clearing the backlog.
The list of the information that can be extracted and be meaningful is too long to explore in this tutorial and will very from business to business.
Customised Forms and Reports
Customised reports and forms that compliment or enhance the effectiveness of Road Warrior are available in conjunction with the standard templates we provide.
Once you realise a utility like Road Warrior can can enhance your operation in driving efficiencies and enabling digital transformation in your business the team can produce customised reporting and forms as required.
Remember the licensing of Road Warrior is not limited to a single form - so the more forms you use to enable your mobile work force the more cost effective the solution.